Monday 1 September 2008

WARNING


OK, if you grew up in the huggy-feely school of education that says there is no such thing as a stupid question or a wrong answer... forgive me.... but I disagree..

Not sure whose this was originally. I think I copied off the AP Statistics Discussion list (if it is yours, write and claim your rightful glory, we applaud you). The context is a warning on a Statistics and Probability Test.:

If you make certain very egregious errors (for example, a negative probability), not only will you not get partial credit, but we will somehow manage to take points off of exams you are taking in other subjects. We might even take away points from courses taken in previous years in high school. In fact, one day, when your children and grandchildren are taking my class, we will take away points from their exams too! Alternatively, “Give me a probability greater than one and I will take away your car.”

I know. I'm a bad, bad, man... but I love it.

No comments: